Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
About Vuze Camera
- What is the Vuze camera?
The Vuze Camera is a small and easy to use 3D 360 video and stills camera. Oh, and yes it also creates 2D 360 videos and images. 360 means you capture all and everything around you, the whole 360 by 180 degrees’ sphere. 3D means that you have a feeling of depth, which gives you a sense of presence in the scene you are watching. This works exactly the same way as we humans see with our two eyes in real life.
- Where is the footage stored?
Anything you shoot with Vuze camera is stored on a removable SD memory card.
- Is a SD card included with the camera?
A mini SD card is included with each Vuze Camera. One minute of raw footage is about 1 GB. You can also replace the SD card with one of your own.
- How long can my video be?
Video capture length depends on the battery life and the memory. 64GB of data make for 1 hour of video footage.
- Can Vuze camera do live streaming of 3D 360 video?
Your 3D 360 video will be generated in post-production using the Vuze Studio software. There is no live streaming in the current version of the camera.
- How quickly can I watch my 360 video after I shot it?
You will need to import your video from Vuze camera to Vuze studio on your computer. During the import process, the videos are stitched and 3D 360 video is generated. The VR video processing rate is close to 1 minute per 1 minute, using the recommended hardware configuration.
- How long can the camera operate between recharges and how long does it take to charge it?
The camera can operate up to 1 hour before it needs to be recharged. Full charging takes between 1 – 1.5 hours. You will not be able to charge the camera while shooting, but you will be able to use an external battery.
- Does the camera record audio?
Yes, it records audio. The camera is equipped with MEMS 48Hz microphones controlled by two advanced audio codec producing four non compressed 16bit PCM audio. You will be able to edit your audio later.
- Does the camera have a remote control?
Yes, the Vuze camera comes with a mobile app, which serves as a remote control. You can remotely switch the camera on and off, start and end shooting. You can also preview the scene before shooting or you can view and manage the media library after shooting.
- Can the camera shoot in motion, or must it be static?
The camera shoots in any situation: static on any standard tripod or holding it in your hand, walking and holding it, attached to a helmet, or to a bicycle handlebar. Anytime anywhere.
- Can the Vuze Camera be used underwater?
Yes it can, using a special waterproof case we are developing and which will be offered on our website.
- Does the camera have blind spots?
It covers the full 360 x 180 degrees sphere, while within the distance of 30-50 cm around the camera, some objects might be missed.
Getting Your Hands on a Vuze Camera
- Where can I buy the Vuze Camera?
You can now pre-order the Vuze Camera right here on our website at www.vuze.camera/product.
- How much will the Vuze Camera cost?
The Vuze Camera is now available for pre-order at 799$ in the US and Canada. As a special introductory offer pre-ordered Vuze cameras come with an all-you-need VR kit (with an estimated added value of 120$)!
In other countries the pricing has been adjusted to local taxes and expenses as follows:
Canada, United States – 799.00 USD
Europe – 899.00 EUR
Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea – 879.00 USD
Argentina, China, India, Mexico, New Zealand – 959.00 USD
Israel – 3590.00 ILS
- What does the Vuze VR kit include?
The Vuze VR kit includes the camera, our unique mini-pod (tripod / selfie stick), the Vuze Studio software, the Vuze mobile app (remote control and preview) and a VR headset (we partnered with Homido for this).
- When can I expect to get my Vuze Camera?
We plan to ship (on a first-come-first-serve basis) during Q1 of 2017
Shooting with Vuze Camera - Tips
- As with any video camera, it’s best to shoot in good lighting conditions, and without drastic changes in light all around. This kind of environment will give you the best results. In other conditions, there might be a slight quality reduction.
- It is recommended that objects around the camera should be about 3-4 feet away. For closer objects, some stitch lines may be visible.
- It’s best to keep the camera as steady as you can. Strong vibrations and shaking may damage the quality of stitching and the end experience.
Viewing Content from Vuze Showroom
For information about viewing Vuze Showroom content see www.vuze.camera/showroom/about.
Become a Vuze Content Partner / Distributor
- I am a content creator and I wish to partner up with Vuze to create awesome 3D 360 footage with Vuze.
We are always excited to learn about super cool content creators who can become partners. However, we realize that equipping you with a demo unit is not enough. You will need to get one of the finished tested units, which unfortunately means you have to be a little patient.
We will start discussing content partnerships around June. In the meantime, please:
- I am a distributor and I wish to sell the Vuze Camera in my area.
We will start discussing distribution partnerships soon. In the meantime, please:
- I am a journalist / blogger and I would like to receive a demo unit for review
It is too early for us right now to send out review/demo units. We will be able to discuss this in Q3 2016, closer to our shipping date. In the meantime, please:
- I am a journalist / blogger and I would like to set up an interview with your team
Please contact us so we can set up the interview and/or refer you to our PR representatives. You can also download our press kit.
- I want to write about Vuze Camera. Do you have a press kit?
Yes we do. You can download it here.